Infographic: Strategies for ESL PhD Students
Struggles Facing ESL PhD Students
This is not a normal blog subscription
Each day we send a short, thought-provoking email that will make you think differently about what it means to be a PhD student. It is designed to be read in thirty seconds and thought about all day.
Things to bear in mind when writing your PhD
- Write as concisely as possible
- Write critically
- Be direct
- Remain neutral
- The point you are trying to make
- How you are making that point
- Whether you are doing so in the most efficient manner possible
Be critical and question everything
Be direct and get to the point
- Discussing only the topic at hand and avoiding unnecessary detail
- Using language that is clear and precise.
Use medium certainty
Your PhD Thesis. On one page.
Use our free PhD Writing Template to quickly visualise every element of your thesis.
Quick Fixes To Improve Your Writing Today
Spot your mistakes
Read, read, read
- How have they structured their introduction?
- How have they structured the article as a whole?
- Do they use long sentences with lots of commas or do they keep their sentences short?
- How do they conclude?
Write as much as possible
Write in English, but if you get stuck on a word include it in your first language
Bigger is not always better
Conclusion: Where To Go For Help
Having your PhD proofread will save you time and money
Our top-rated PhD proofreaders check your writing, formatting, references and readability. The goal? To make sure your research is written and presented in the most compelling manner possible.
That way, you'll have complete peace of mind prior to submission and save yourself months of costly revisions.